Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back to the Four of Us...






My dad offered to watch Ryder on Friday night so Neal and I could take Gage and Boe out like old times. My kids are doing really well with the new baby but it is still hard on them and I have noticed a little bit more acting out from them. Mostly, they want attention-in a really obnoxious way. It's like "LOOK AT ME, HERE I AM..." and I am trying hard to give them as much attention as before, but as you all know, it is pretty much impossible when you have a new baby. Anyways, so we went bowling, the Gatherum family All-American past time. My kids love it and are actually pretty good. It was fun-we had a great time, but I missed my baby. That was the first extended period of time that I haven't been with him and I was excited to get home and see him. When we were getting ready for bed that night, Boe said to me, "Mom, we should have just brought Ryder bowling, he could have watched me and Gage bowl I sure missed him..." So, even though the transition is tough, they love their little brother.

9 comments:

The Garners said...

Yep, been there. Still there. In fact...Will was better with Millie as a baby. Now he's having a hard time because she takes "play time" with Mommy. That's not settling so well. We really try to find time to spend with him without his sister.

But inevitably, if I ask if he'd like it without her. He says no...very definitely! At least I know he loves her...he'd probably like to love her from a distance sometimes!

Family...gotta love it!

Cute pictures...PS

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That is so nice of your Dad. That family time is important.

Unknown said...

I'm curious to see how Chloe is going to do with this new baby since she is so used to being center of attention. That's cute that everyone missed the little babe!

Janelle said...

Cute post! Way to go on thinking of the older ones and way to go on dad for tending and way to go Gage for bringing it all back home.

amanda said...

What a good grandpa. I'm glad you had a good time. I keep thinking we need to get out and show our kids that there is fun to be had.

The Curtis Family said...

I am glad you were all able to get out and have a little fun. I agree that any big change in a family may need some time to adjust to. But I've seen your boys with Ryder and I don't think you will have to worry. By the way, I love Ryder's pictures in the last post. Way cute!

Christie said...

What an awesome and brave grandpa! How nice.

janae said...

That is so sweet of them to miss Ryder. It is funny, just being away from them a short period of time makes you miss them so much.

Will and Joan Turley Family said...

Adrian ---

You are such a doll and your new little one is so cute!!!

As you have talked about your feelings with this possibly being your last child, it has brought back memories of when we had our last little one -- 14 years ago. Our baby has grown fast and is now 6'1, but no matter how big he gets, he will always be my baby!!!

Enjoy these wonderful years with your little ones at home -- they pass way too quickly!!!

Keep up your cute blog -- it is so fun to see your cute family!!!

Love --

Joan Turley