Had a fantastic weekend! Neal started ripping out our master bathroom. More to come on this along with before and after pictures once it's done. Let's just say that our bathroom was probably the UGLIEST thing you have ever seen and after we are finished with it, it's gonna be beautiful-can't wait. Also, hung out with some good friends and had some great food and conversation-went to church and as always felt uplifted and renewed. I am bringing dinner to a friend and her family tonight and thought I'd post this delicious recipe for all to use! Have a great President's day!
World's Easiest Lasagna
Sauce:
1-2 lbs. ground beef
1 can tomatoe sauce
1 can petite diced tomatoes
garlic salt/garlic powder to taste
salt/pepper to taste
Other ingredients:
Lasagna noodles
Cottage cheese OR Ricotta cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesean cheese
Brown beef in large pan, add sauce, tomatoes, garlic salt and powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
In a 9x13 pan, spread a layer of sauce along the bottom, add a layer of UNCOOKED lasagna noodles, cover with sauce, add a layer of cottage/ricotta cheese. Add another layer of uncooked noodles, followed by sauce and cheese (add as many layers as you desire) top off last layer with meat sauce and sprinkle parmesean and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. ***Let me know if you try it and like it***
Monday, February 18, 2008
A Great Weekend and Lasagna...
Posted by
The Gatherum Family
at
11:48 AM
Labels: Me and My Guys, recipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I can't wait to see the pics of your bathroom redo. We want to do ours so bad. I mean white carpet in a bathroom? YUCK! I need some ideas so get crackin' and show me what you are doing.
OOh! A remodel! Such a pain but always so worth it! Is this the bathroom with something like a big green tub? When my mom when to your housewarming party, (way back when) I asked her how it was, and I seem to remember that being a detail she pointed out--followed by a description of how much you loathed it and wanted to remodel. Glad you're finally to that step! Woohoo! Can't wait for pictures!
Oh yeah, there is a big green jacuzzi tub, there WAS a green toilet and all sorts of green countertop space! That is now ALL gone. We are literally ripping it all out and starting over-SO excited, AND the best part? Neal has given HIMSELF a deadline of three to four weekends!
It was fun to see ya this weekend.....Hope your boys were good and put all the baby toys away... :) Can't wait to try the lasagna,, that must mean you went grocery shopping...
The lasagna looks great. I'm all about easy. I'll have to try it. I admire you for doing the re-model yourself. We are not do it yourself-ers. I wish we could do a little more around the house, but we end up making a bigger mess.
I also cannot wait to see pictures of the bathroom remodel. I love home improvement projects.
And that recipe sounds delish too! I'll have to try it. Lasagne is one thing my kids will actually eat.
A new bathroom too?? I swear girl, is there anything you don't do? Also, thanks for the recipe, I am all about easy and my fam LOVES lasagna. I'll try it and let you know. P.S. I hope you don't think I'm creepy, I added your link to my blog, it was just easier to blogstalk you that way.
I love your Valentine's post, your kids are so lucky to have a great mom like you! I'm excited to see your new bathroom. We need to get together soon. How is your pregnancy going?
Thanks for the recipe we love Lasagna at our house.
Yeah to your new pretty bathroom! No more GREEN!!!
Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to try it soon.
I am excited to see the before and after pics!
I'll have to try your recipe, sounds yum!
What a pity, I thought the green was just lovely!
Oh no, run from the remodels! Great that you have a deadline because it could go on for decades. Could you send me your email address? Mine is sdansie02@yahoo.com.
Good luck with the remodel. It may suck while you do it...but when it's done you'll be so happy. Last year we painted and re-did ours. I could just stand and stare at it all day. I want to escort guests directly to it, and I always feel a little bad if they don't pee while they're here.
It's one of only 2 rooms in my house that I love! Cuteness is just so satisfying...you'll be so glad when it's done!
Post a Comment