Both of my kids needed hair cuts in a BAD way, Boe more than Gage-being the control freak that I am, I usually take them. It wasn't bad when my sister Ashlee lived here, I never worried, but since she has moved, I have had to trust others to not butcher my kids. So, the last couple of weeks have been crazy and I haven't had time for haircuts. Neal offered to take them in with him. After giving him VERY specific instructions (especially in regards to Gage's hair) I conceded and let them go. Here is Gage a day before the haircut... And here he is AFTER the haircut. Needless to say, he was NOT a happy camper...
Neal came home looking apologetic and told me that he had told the girl to trim about an inch off and trim the bangs-that's it. I guess that once she took Gage back, he was chatting up a storm and turning on the charm and she was eating it up. He was saying things like, "preferably, I like my hair long" and "actually, I am going to be six in just a few months" and stuff like that. He also invited her to his birthday party and she told him she'd be there unless she had to work. Hmmm... So, my conclusion is that she was enjoying her little customer too much and didn't want it to end after just one inch so she made it last for five! Oh, well, at least hair grows!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
I feel your and Gage's pain. His long hair was so cute - it will grow back. Hopefully his hair grows fast!
Will's hair I keep longer, too. But, Mark has been taking him and they whack it every time. He comes home in the worst mood because he hates his hair. I've learned to just take him myself!!!
Poor guy!
Poor Gage, his after pic looks painfull! He does have great hair. I like the look of your blog, polkadots are my fav.
That is too funny that he talks like his mom. (preferably) I can hear him with his cute little voice. ha ha... I can only imagine Neal's face when she was done knowing you would be seeing the whack job soon. Love the blog.
OH, I don't know who I feel worst for...Gage or Neal because I am sure he was dying to bring him home. Gage still looks so cute and it will grow back. It makes him look older. I love Gage and would have loved to hear that conversation! I love the new blog colors! Way cute!!
I must say he is so cute with his long hair. Next time just a trim maybe?
Those pics are priceless. I love "moppy" hair on little boys, and he was so cute before. But, it will grow fast, and I'm sure he'll be ok.
Geez...I'm surprised Neal even ventured home! I'm afraid Patrick would have taken the brunt of that little mishap! It's still cute though. Poor kid. They just get so attached to their hair! Will's is all about the length of his "Faux hawk" but I won't let him keep it long. I figure...if I'm paying for a haircut it's going to get CUT!! So, you're nicer than me.
Oh No, it will grow back! His long hair just fits him. I guess he loves to go to the salon, until he gets home. He still is a darling boy! (Avery's boyfriend!) :)
Hey! Your blog is adorable! Thanks for finding mine! Do you mind if I add you guys to my page? Sorry about Gage's haircut, but he's still adorable! He's so funny in Primary!
Janelle
Ha! That picture is priceless. I love the conversation with the hairdresser, he is such a little smartie. Too funny. I think Tuesday may work next week to get together. Oh that little princess dress that you see Alta in in every picture, yes she has to wear it every day after daycare. EVERY day.
Those are the funniest pictures I've ever seen! I didn't even recognize him with the short hair! How funny!
He's still very, very cute. I love that he cares how his hair is cut. Just be glad he can wear it longer. My son keeps wanting to grow his out, but he just doesn't have the right hair for it.
Those before and after shots need to be published somewhere, they're awesome!
Actually A, it really is divine. Have you ever tried it?
He looks so cute BOTH ways!
How 'bout Neal...you two let him in from the doghouse yet?
Oh my gosh. I just about died laughing when I saw the after picture. Not because of the hair, but because of his face. Poor kid.
I have to take my boy somewhere soon. I started butchering his hair and it's not going well so I have to hope someone else can do something with it. I love his long hair though....
Well ... I shaved my kid's head, so I'm here to tell you it does in fact grow back! His face in that second pic is classic! Poor guy. He's so darling, either way.
Poor little Gage, he looks so distraught. I have that happen all the time with Thatcher! It's funny, you'd think it would be such a simple little task for someone that cuts hair for a living. Sports Clips seems to be the most consistent, I go out of my way to have his hair cut there, they do a good job ALMOST every time. I love the name Gage by the way, that was on my list when I was preg with Luke, but Mat veto'd it!! :(
Post a Comment