Tuesday, February 5, 2008

So Help Me...

I am going to cause HARM to my 3 year old. Let me tell you a little bit about Boe. He is the most loving, sensitive, funny and sarcastic little person I know....WHEN things go his way. If not then WATCH OUT.
I fell asleep last night on the couch watching T.V. I was rudely awakened this morning with a LOUD voice in my ear DEMANDING that I turn on the Disney Channel to "his" show (as opposed to Gage's show which I guess he didn't like) anyways, so I told him to wait a minute as I gathered my thoughts and tried to remember how I ended up downstairs freezing on the couch instead of nice and cozy in my bed upstairs. He didn't even give me 10 seconds to process all of this. Instead he picked up the remote and HUCKED it at the wall. On any normal day I would have freaked out about this, but I was especially ticked today. I spent the entire day yesterday painting baseboards and doors as well as touching up EVERY wall in my house that has had damage caused to it by said 3 year old. So, I was MAD.
I got up from the couch as fast as I could (while still a bit sleepy and disoriented) and chased after him and put him in his room. As soon as I got back downstairs, he was out of the room and taunting me telling me that he didn't have to stay in time-out. Luckily, Neal entered the picture right at this point. Neal is a very good disciplanarian (much better than me) and he doesn't tolerate disrespect. So he sat Boe down and made him take a time-out and then told him to go apologize to me.
He reluctantly walked over to me with this stubborn little smirk on his face and said, "sorry you didn't turn on the T.V. for me so I threw the remote at the wall." It took every bit of self-control I could muster to not flick his mouth or paddle his bum. It's gonna be a FUN day!

9 comments:

amanda said...

Oh man! Those are the worst days. I feel I have three 3 year olds sometimes. It never ends and I don't think it gets any better just different.
And just think...you're gonna have your third in August. Pray it's a girl.

janae said...

I had to laugh at his apology. Reminded me of my 4 yr old. I love your little baby count down. Congrats!

Lisa Cannon said...

Sounds kind of like my little Will. And I thought it only got fun when they are teenagers :)

Christie said...

I'm sorry you are dealing with such a little monster. We should put him in the same room as Brynlee and let them go at it. Who do you think would last longer?

The Curtis Family said...

I am so sorry. I hate days like that! He is sure lucky that he is so stinkin' cute! Just think, when the weather gets warmer, maybe we can go do some stuff and get out some of the pent up energy. Good luck in the meantime.

---Allison

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Wowzers! Although you gotta give him credit at how he worded his sort of apology, that is one smart cookie.

Days like that are no fun, I hope it went better for you.

The Garners said...

All I have to say is that child should be grateful for his gift of continued life! I cannot believe you didn't kill him...literally! And, although cute later, those smart ass little apologies just make you want to ring their neck! I think boys are stellar at saying just the thing that will make you want to throw them out with the trash. Girls just act phsyco and hormonal! I don't think either is ideal...so whatever you're having...get ready for more of the same! Motherhood is such a blessing...NOT!

Mike Bohn said...

I laughed out loud at his apology

Oceanchild said...

That's the kind of apology I give my husband. "Sorry you were a jerk and ruined our night out!" I'm so mature.

Sounds like you and Christie need to have a cage fight with the kids. 20 months is bad enough...I don't know how I"m going to deal with another 17 years of child.