As many of you know, I love to read. I will try anything-except scifi-I just finished this gem of a book and if you haven't already, go get it and read it! It is a great book, a really easy read and completely unbelievable. It made me so grateful for modern luxuries and I realized how much I take for granted. Honestly, one of the best books I have read in a long time!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
You've GOTTA read this...
Posted by
The Gatherum Family
at
3:03 PM
Labels: misc., recent reads
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Thanks for the recomendation. You are getting so close to finding out. When is your ultrasound? I saw your dad's wife this past Saturday at a shower for Stephanie Cannon. Fun times!
I knew that...hello....carpet! You mean I have to wait 20 +/- more weeks to find out? Crazy!
It sounds interesting, I need to read more books and less blogs.
You're not finding out?! What?!
How exciting! :)
Thanks for the book idea.
I need to read but how do you find the time? I don't like interruptions so I'd probably either neglect my kids or yell at them for bothering me. Hmmm... What do you do with your kids when you read?
I read during their naps, or when they are playing with each other or friends. But usually I read at night when they are settled and sleeping :)
Thanks for the tip A, I always love your book recommendations!
Thanks for the recommendation. I need to find me something good to read in my "spare" time.
I read Kite Runner a couple of months ago, I really liked it even though its a little disturbing and sad. The movie is so true to the book in case you want to see it after finishing the book. I was just looking for a new book to start, so I think I will try this one!
We still haven't decided where we are going on our vaca, we are now thinking of Bermuda... so many places to choose from!
In my next life I'm gonna be more of a reader!
I'll have to add that one to the LONG list I already have
That's so funny, I just went to a little party and all the girls were talking about this book. I told them the last book I read was Are you there God it's me Margaret. Not really but it really has been a long time, I need to get reading.
I've been looking for a new book, thank you A!! I'll have to go find it this weekend.
I LOVED this book too. It was amazing that as depressing as it should have been I was laughing through a lot of it. She never feels sorry for herself. I felt like there were two distinct parts. Before Virginia and Virginia. Everything fell apart there. The parents before that were endearing to me. But as soon as her dad ended up back where he started it was over for the family. I also have to say that I was surprised to find myself feeling more ashamed of the mother than the father. She knew better. She chose to be a bad mother. I felt like he really did his best to do more for his kids than what he got. The moment in the book that solidified this for me was when the mom was caught sneaking a chocolate bar while her children were STARVING, hoping to eat a tub of butter at the very least. Anyway, I was fascinated by this family. The fact that they all but the last turned out to be contributing citizens is a pretty interesting one to me. I think that in their early childhood they really felt a sense of family. They felt loved. Their parents also taught them to read and to love learning. The last one never had a chance because the family unit wasn't there by the time she came around.
Sorry we've dropped off the planet for a while. As soon as we got back from Cali we ALL got sick and are still sick. Poor Bennett sounds like a 90 year old smoker!
i have it on my favorite books list--sorry to be lurking, but that book was major--good choice
Post a Comment