help...please. Any suggestions on where to purchase CUTE, fitted and NONTENTLIKE maternity t-shirts would be greatly appreciated. I ordered a bunch online from old navy and they are HUGE and look like tents and they are so ugly. I am thinking of buying some shade/downeast outfitters t's in bigger sizes and see how those work. What did you use for your pregnancy?
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Downeast, Downeast, Downeast! That's all I wore! And I didn't even need a bigger size until the very end. Plus, don't discount regular clothes. I bought 2 Downeast dresses right before I had Millie and got more compliments than I do not pregnant! I found that the dresses that tie right at the bustline and the ones that are lycra worked so good. And I felt so much better with tight things on. It said "look, I'm pregnant...not a fatty!"
PS Downeast makes maternity ones too, but I really didn't find that they were necessary. Plus any that you buy can be used after your done being pregnant. Bonus!
Shade. I think they are a lot nicer than the Downeast shirts. And, they also carry maternity, but I never used them, I just used the regular size. They are having a sale online right now, too! Let me know what you think. Gap has some cute shirts that are more flowy and cute and they are on sale too! Good luck!
shadeclothing.com
Dude. I was at the mall yesterday and I was totally wishing I were pregnant again (not really) because there were a ton of cute shirts at Charlotte Russe that were maternity-esque but cute and stylish. Of course you have to have your shade-type shirts for the foundation of your wardrobe, but you need lots of those empire waisted cute long tops, too, that are actually in style now but I'm afraid to wear them because I don't want to be mistaken for a pregnant person. Where were these shirts last year when I needed them???
Adrian,
Okay here's my personal take on the Downeast deal. If I were you...I may even consider staying with medium for now. Seriously, my sister-in-law (who was preggers at the exact same time as me) and I bought mostly our same size until maybe the last 2 months. And I only bought a couple bigger ones because they're too big now.
Downeast/Shade...the #1 deal for me is cost! Downeast are cheaper...and I am one cheap bugger! The other thing I've found (but it may just be me) is that Shade's material feels better made but by the end of the day it loses it's elasticity somehow. (you know how you tug down on your shirts and they stretch out) By the end of the day, my Shade shirts aren't tight to my hips anymore. I do find that my Downeast shirts don't hold up as well...but literally I wear them every day, so if they only last 6 months it's good for me!
You may want to try both kinds, everyone has their own preferences.
Good Luck.
PS...I'm recovering really well...I should be back to the crappy shape that I started in by the end of the week! Pretty much I'm just feeding my depression with Cadbury mini-eggs. They fix so many problems!
I like the Liz Lange stuff at Target. I bought a couple fitted t's there but it changes all the time there.
I would just order your same size. I wear a medium too, but I did order a large with the sale and it basically fits the same, maybe just a bit bigger. It was still tight on me (the way I like them). Did you know that Gap carries maternity at University Mall. That way you can go try them on. The regular Gap has some really cute, empire waist, flowy, short sleeved tops right now. I want to get some for myself. I haven't have a problem with my Shade shirts stretching out. Who knows! Happy shopping!!!
Thanks everyone. I think I am going to try the downeast/shade t's and I'll let you all know how it goes. Right now I wear the shade undertees and I love them but they are REALLY tight so I do think I need a bigger size in those. As for the gap stuff Lisa, I am going to go to the mall Saturday so I'll check out University. I think it's the closest gap to us now isn't it???
Besides Fashion Place, but they don't have maternity. Good Luck!
Last pregnancy I wore scrubs most of the time, so this time, I haven't really known what to do. A friend just gave me a huge bag of her old maternity clothes, and some of my favorites are actually from Old Navy! But these are actually fitted, so who knows? I think the best bet is to just not shop online (I did for a dress last pregnancy and was sorely disappointed). Trying stuff on is the way to go! Maybe we can go shopping when I come out there! Woohoo!
Shade maternity. What else can I say?
I just love that tons of the shirts now are empire waist so you can hide the belly in normal looking clothes. I have tons of stuff from Hollister that I can wear preg or non. I like Downeast stuff a lot too because its cheap and lasts forever.
There is a cute maternity shop I think on 1300 East by that new movie theatre over by Macey's on like 80 South?...It's facing the street and it might be pricy, so I don't know. Old Navy is where I went and mimi maternity at gateway has cute stuff too.
I know I am commenting on an old post but now that I am pregnant, I will soon be in the market for some cute shirts. Forever 21 at the Gateway has some really cute shirts. It's kinda a teeny bop store but I really love the shirts they have there. There website is www.forever21.com. Also, at fashion place maybe you have been to Gadzooks. It has forever 21 stuff but the name of the store is different. It's worth checking out.
Post a Comment