Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Heart Day!

Valentines Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. I think it's probably because my mom always made it so fun and festive. We started our day off early (for us) at 7:00 because Neal had to be at work early. We had french toast with red syrup...and pink-colored milk...

We had our friends Brooklynn and Libby over to make Valentines Day cookies...
and ate an extremely healthy and delicious lunch!
And now I am pooped! Time for our afternoon naps! Hope you all have a great L-O-V-E day!

13 comments:

Brooke said...

Man, you already had a full day!! You are a far better mom than I am...I'm pretty sure I told Paige I loved her as I dropped her off at preschool, does that count? Oh and she is wearing pink.

Christie said...

What a fun mommy you are! I'm in awe of your creativity and enthusiasm. Sounds like a fun day.

Lisa Cannon said...

I've missed you too! What a great mom you are. You made me tired. I NEVER get up before Mark leaves, let alone make him breakfast :) What a WOMAN!!! I hope you have a great rest of your day. Happy Valentines!!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

You are such a cute mom. I love that you had pink milk and red syrup, so festive.

Looks like Boe had a blast decorating those cookies. Not so much a blast for you though. ;)

Happy "Lovings" Day to you and your cute family!

Anne Marie said...

How fun! Your house looks way cute! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Blondie said...

I'm fefinitely copying the pink milk idea, genius!! It sounds like you've had a great day, Happy Valentine's!!

amanda said...

Wow what a day. You are such a fun mom to have pink milk and red syrup. We tried a red bubble bath, Jane loved it and Tobe was terrified. What do you do??
Have fun!

Becky, yep said...

What a great day! I hope it ended with a candle lit dinner!

janae said...

Wow! You did alot and all this before nap time. I hope you got a nap too after all your hard work. It sounds like you are taking after your mom in making Valentine's such a festive holiday.

Melanie said...

So fun! I think pink milk on Valentine's is a way better idea than green milk on St. Patrick's Day -- green milk is hard to force yourself to drink!

Anonymous said...

Great job getting in a nutritious lunch. I'm pretty sure my kids had just sugar all day. Actually I did make them eat 2 bites of my salad at dinner, does that even count???

The Garners said...

What a fun valentines day at your house! You celebrate a lot like we do! (Although the pink milk is inspired!...I've done the green milk...but I agree...pink is much more desireable) Cute photos and a fun day! Yeah!

Unknown said...

That does sound like a fun day, I can't get over how cute your little boy is, he is your little twin.