So late last night I was going through my wedding file looking for my wedding certificate. Neal and I are going to Mexico in April and I need to get a new passport. As I was looking through the file, I saw a folded piece of paper. I immediately recognized the handwriting. It was a letter from my mom written to me on my wedding day, June 15, 2001! All of my cards and letters from my wedding are scrapbooked and I guess I somehow misplaced this one. It was just what I needed as I have been thinking about and missing her so much lately. It was so great. It was as if she were right there speaking to me. She talks of when she was pregnant with me and she tells me all of the things she loves about me and then gives me a bit of motherly advice on marriage and this journey called life. One sentence that really stood out to me said, "Life is a journey, the ups and downs, the joy and sadness, the accomplishments and disappointments..." So true, so true. And the ultimate decision of how we are going to react to life's events, is up to us. What a great lady that mom of mine was. Love you mom...
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
An Unexpected Find...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Oh I love things like this. My mom is like yours. She loves to relate things to when she was preg with me or first getting married. I'm so glad you found the letter. Makes me miss my mom and she's just a phone call away.
What a wonderful thing. Your mom must have known you needed that! I hope you treasure that! I miss your mom too...but everytime I am with you, I see you in her and she would be so proud of you...Ok, enough from me,....but thanks for sharing that! Love ya
This post brought tears to my eyes! How sweet and special! I'm going to be sure to do that on my daughter's wedding day (and hopefully a lot of times before then), so she knows how much she means to me. Oh, and you got married just one month before me! My wedding date is July 18, 2001. Approaching the 7 year itch. I am excited to see what that is like. ha ha.
And I have to that you are my new best friend after that nice comment you left on my blog. Can I add you as a friend? Please?
That's really cool! I wish I had something like that from my dad. But he died so young, I don't think he'd figured out that those kind of things were important yet. That's why I try to write a letter to my kids once a year! You just never know...and if, god forbid, something does happen...that's all they'll have. I was glad for that lesson though. I'm so happy for you to have something that is just for you, from her!
What a great find today to lift your spirits! That must mean so much to you and your mom must have knew that you needed to find it. How neat!!
I know that there are many of God's "tender mercies" all around us. It is such a blessing that you found one today. I know that God (and your Mother) are closer than we realize. Since Ethan was born, (and the diagnosis that he was given), I've had to do a lot of praying and soul searching and I have personally experienced MANY of these tender mercies myself. These have brought me through some pretty rough times. I am sorry that you're pain is still so raw. Your Mother was very wise and continues to want the best for you. I hope that this brings you much needed comfort. By the way, how is Boe today?
---Allison
That letter brought tears to my eyes as well! And my anniversary is only 2 months after yours!
That is so special. Sometimes I wonder if we are suppose to find things at certain times, because we need them more at that time. So neat.
What a neat thing. It's so special to have tangible things from loved ones who have passed on. Even though you will see her again I'm sure you miss her terribly.
I'm so glad you found that letter and I bet your heart just pounded when you saw it. Thanks for sharing.
I think the veil is so thin and we are surrounded by loved ones who have passed on more than we will ever know. Your blog always makes me cry!
What a wonderful surprise to find something so meaningful. Those things mean so much when they are given to us, but mean so much more later in life when you really know what they are talking about. I'm so happy you found that and were able to think of your mom and remember what a great woman she was. Those moms are always so full of wisdom.
What a wonderful surprise to find something so meaningful. Those things mean so much when they are given to us, but mean so much more later in life when you really know what they are talking about. I'm so happy you found that and were able to think of your mom and remember what a great woman she was. Those moms are always so full of wisdom.
Adrian, what an amazing gift! i love those when you have no idea how, but mom tends to poke her head back through the veil somehow to let you know she is there! Thank you so much for sharing that sweet letter, it totally made my day!
I bet that was such a wonderful find! I can't imagine how wonderful that must have been when you saw that letter. Your mom truly was an amazing mom who had such a great attitude about life!
What a precious find! I love coming across things like that, it always seems to be just what you need. Thanks for dropping by my blog, you're welcome to read anytime! :) :)
Post a Comment